Can a double-decker bus circumnavigate the globe?
In 1967 the Essex bus boys set out from Leigh on the Sea, England, to find out.
The Winter 2018 Lincolnshire Vintage Vehicle Society article tells the story.
From 1967-1969 the Essex bus boys met thousands of people who helped us on our way. Thank you to all. We’d love to hear from you and share recollections. Sign up here. See the bus (below).
Did you see the bus?
- 1. Unloading bus in Christchurch, New Zealand 1968
- 2. On board Norwegian freighter “Thor Scape” from Singapore to Sydney, 1968
- 3. Arrived in San Francisco, 1969
- 4. Unloading bus in Christchurch, New Zealand 1968
- 5. Olympic Games Stadium, Mexico City, 1968
- 6. New Zealand Cruising, 1968
- 7. Oklahoma City, 1969
- 8. Sydney, Australia 1968
- 9. New Zealand, 1968
- 10. Exploring the Australian Outback, 1968
- 11. New Zealand toll gates, 1968
- 12. South Island New Zealand, 1968